The current mill house was constructed in the mid 1940s replacing a mill that dated to the early 1800s. There has been a mill on the site since the early 1700s.
The milling process has always focused on corn products: cornmeal, grits, and livestock feed.
During the Brock ownership which dates to 1899, a sawmill and a cotton gin were also on the site. Mr. Brock brought electricity to the town of Trenton in 1916.
The mill was last operated commercially in 1964. Today, the property is owned by Jones County and is opened to the public on select dates throughout the year.
~ Friends of Brock Mill